Piles or hemorrhoids occur when the veins in the anus become inflamed. It is a very painful disease, in which the sufferer is in unbearable pain. Due to the modern lifestyle, most of the people are suffering from piles today. Piles around the anus are very itchy, painful and cause other problems. If diet and routine are not paid attention to, this problem will increase even more.
According to the health website Mayo Clinic, treating piles is easy and can be treated on your own. By treating it regularly in the early stages, it can be eliminated forever. You can also get rid of piles by eating fiber-rich vegetables and fruits. Apart from this, there are other methods, with the help of which one can get rid of the problem of piles.
According to the Mayo Clinic, piles can be treated at home if they are not painful. There are three ways for this. The first is to correct the diet, the second is to sit on hot water regularly or it can be fixed with the help of sitz bath, and the third is to apply some piles cream.
1) Food rich in fiber: If you have piles problem, you should eat food rich in fiber regularly. For this, fruits, green vegetables and whole grains should be consumed. With this, after the stool becomes soft, there is no pressure on the rectal vein and gradually the vein comes back to its place. This can also get rid of the gas problem.
2) Sitz Bath – You should sit regularly in a bucket or bath with betadine mixed with hot water. This should be done for 10 to 15 minutes. By doing this twice/thrice a day, you can get relief from piles quickly.
3) Cream: After piles, doctors give some cream, which should be applied on the anus. It contains hydrocortisone, which makes the anus flexible and relieves the nerves. The benefits of consuming fiber-rich products and using creams are two-fold.
4) Medication: Piles with common symptoms can also be cured by taking medication.
5) Rubber band ligation – If these home remedies do not cure hemorrhoids, then the doctor applies rubber band ligation. This is a procedure in which the doctor uses a small machine to fit two small rubber bands at the base of the hemorrhoid. Due to this, the blood circulation of the veins responsible for the swelling is cut off. After a few weeks, this rubber band will come off on its own.
6. Injection (Sclerotherapy): In this procedure, the doctor makes an injection in the hemorrhoidal tissue. It shrinks hemorrhoids. Although pain is greatly reduced by injection, it is much less effective than rubber band ligation.